Thursday, October 17, 2013
Desired Identity in Future
In my image, I am holding books to represent that I want to continue my education. I also am wearing a gold headband, earrings, and necklace. The gold jewelry in this image symbolizes power/wealth. I hope to become wealthy one day. Considering I will continue my education, I hope to get a good paying job. The bottles of pills represent the medical field. I want to major in the medical field and have an internship senior year. The Macedonian shirt in the back round is showing I want to keep my culture and I am proud of my heritage. Also the icons symbolize religious beliefs. This shows I am Christian Orthodox and believe in God and always will.
I will transform to achieve this identity by studying, learning, and working hard in school, especially in science and health. I will try my best to have a perfect GPA all 4 years, in order to get in an excellent college and major in the medical field. By doing all this and getting into an excellent college, I will hopefully obtain a high paying job. When I obtain this high paying job, I will be able to afford nice things such as gold. For example, Griet in Girl With a Pearl Earring has to wear pearls when Vermeer paints her. Although she says, "What you are going to ask me to do. I cannot wear it. Maids do not wear pearls," she knows it's not right (Chevalier 194). She does not have the money or the social class to be wearing expensive jewelry like Vermeer's wife's pearls, she can only wish to.
I will also transform to achieve this identity by continuing to be proud of my heritage, following my cultural ways, and visiting Macedonia. I plan to continuing being Christian Orthodox and believing in God. I feel very strong about my religion just like Griet. For example, Griet thinks to herself, " Would anyone notice if I replaced the Crucifixion with a still life? Cornelia would. And she would tell her mother. I did not know what Catharina--or any of them--thought of my being Protestant. It was a curious feeling, having to be aware of it myself. I have never before been outnumbered" (Chevalier 31). Griet is really disturbed by this Crucifixion because its a Catholic painting, and Griet is Protestant. She feels really uncomfortable being in a Catholic household.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment